Essay on Cancer for class 6,7,8,9,10,11,12 in english. Cancer Essay in 200 words, 300 words, 400 words, 500 words, 600 words. Short Essay, Long Essay on Cancer.
Questios asked in examination on Essay On Cancer
- Write an Essay On Cancer ?
- Write short Essay On Cancer in 200 words ?
- Write long Essay On Cancer in 400 words ?
- Write an Essay On Cancer in 300 words ?
- Write an Essay On Cancer in 500 words ?
- Write an Essay On Cancer in 600 words ?
This is basically a disease that involves abnormal growth of cells that have the potential to spread in different parts of the body. The disease may be curable if detected in early stages. Cancer basically develops due to abnormal cell growth. It generates in one part of the body and has the capacity to enter different body parts. Possible symptoms of cancer are the formation of lumps, prolonged cough, abnormal bleeding, excessive weight loss and changes in the bowel movement.
LONG AND SHORT ESSAY ON CANCER IN ENGLISH
We are providing here some easy and effective cancer essays of varying lengths to help you with the topic. You can select any short or long essay on cancer according to your need and requirement:
CANCER ESSAY – 1 (200 WORDS)
There are around 100 types of cancers that impact the human body. While some of these are curable if detected during initial stages, the medical professionals across the globe are still trying to identify cure for others.
Some of the possible symptoms of cancer are abnormal bleeding, blockage in the bowel, excessive weight loss, pneumonia, excessive fatigue, changes in the skin and prolonged cough. These symptoms do not appear in the initial stages of cancer and are often dismissed as general bodily issues by the patients even when detected. These symptoms however may even occur in those with other less serious health conditions. It is common for the cancer patients to have undergone treatment for other diseases before finally being diagnosed with cancer.
A subset of neoplasms is formed in individuals suffering from cancer. A neoplasm, commonly referred to as tumor, is basically a group of cells that undergo abnormal growth to the extent to form a lump.
Some of the common causes of cancer include stress, lack of physical activity, pollution, infections, radiations, diet, tobacco and obesity. In 5-10% of the cases, this disease is inherited. It has been stated that around 70 – 90% of the cancers are formed due to environmental factors such as poor lifestyle choices and pollution. These can thus be prevented with some caution.
CANCER ESSAY 2 (300 WORDS)
Cancer, a condition that is caused by excessive growth of cells, can be cured if detected at an early stage. However, as the severity of the problem increases it becomes more and more difficult to deal with it. As painful as the condition is, the treatments used to cure it are equally agonizing. It is thus important to be alert and avert the problem from arising in the first place. It is also essential not to neglect its symptoms to get rid of it at the earliest.
Symptoms That Must Not Be Ignored
Here are a few symptoms that are an early sign of cancer:
- Weight Loss
Excessive weight loss without any drastic lifestyle change can be one of the early signs of cancer. Keep a check on your weight and get alert if it goes down rather abnormally.
While it is common to feel fatigued due to various reasons however if you continue to feel fatigued for no particular reason, it is time to consult your doctor.
- Nagging Cough
A cough that goes over a couple of weeks must not be ignored as it may be a sign of lung cancer.
- Changes in Bowel Movements
Prolonged constipation, diarrhea, pain while passing stool/ urine, blood in urine or any other change in the bladder function or bowel movement may also be a sign of cancer.
- Prolonged Sores
A prolonged sore that does not show any sign of healing must also not be ignored. It may be a sign of skin cancer. One inside the mouth may be a symptom of oral cancer.
- Lump Formation
Lump formation near the breast or the thickening of breast may be a sign of breast cancer.
With the disease spreading like wild fire with millions of people being affected by it each year, it is imperative for you to learn how to prevent it and ensure that you do not ignore any of the symptoms if they happen to crop up. Be aware, be safe!
CANCER ESSAY – 3 (400 WORDS)
Cancer is nothing but an unusual growth of cancer cells in any part of the body. Certain body parts are more prone to developing these cells. If not treated on time, these can spread to the other parts of the body. While most cancers are deadly, especially if detected at a later stage, the good news is that you can prevent this problem.
Ways to Prevent Cancer
Prevention is always better than cure. So here are a few ways in which you can prevent this condition:
- Drink Plenty of Water
The health benefits of drinking plentiful water are known to all. This is especially helpful in bringing down the risk of bladder cancer as water can dilute the concentration of agents causing cancer and flush them. Have at least 8 glasses of water each day. The water must be filtered and clean.
- Healthy Diet
A healthy diet is no doubt the key to a healthy lifestyle. Have a healthy diet loaded with various fruits, vegetables, cereals and pulses to lower the risk of developing various kinds of cancers.
- Have Green Vegetables
It is suggested to go for the greenest varieties of the green vegetables as these are rich in magnesium that lowers the risk of cancer. It particularly reduces the risk of colon cancer in women.
- Include Brazil Nuts in Your Diet
These are loaded with selenium that is said to reduce the risk of developing bladder, lung and colorectal cancer. It is a good idea to have a handful of these in between your meals instead of hogging on unhealthy snacks.
As per a research, those who have 5 or more cups of caffeinated coffee each day have a lower chance of developing brain, oral and throat cancer compared to those who drink less.
The importance of exercising has been stressed upon time and again. Besides offering numerous other health benefits, indulging in moderate exercise regularly helps in lowering the risk of developing various types of cancers.
- Avoid Filling Fuel Tank to the Top
A recent research shows that filling the fuel tank to the top can thwart the pump’s vapour recovery system which is created to keep the toxic cancer causing air out.
Apart from inculcating these healthy habits, it is important to steer clear of tobacco consumption and lower your alcohol intake.
As per the researchers, around 70% of the known causes of cancers are related to lifestyle and can be avoided with little effort. It is essential to make it a habit to follow a healthy diet and exercise regularly to stay fit and prevent this vicious condition.
CANCER ESSAY – 4 (500 WORDS)
Cancer occurs due to abnormal cell growth that typically occurs in any one part of the body and spreads to others if not treated on time. There are numerous types of cancers. Some of the common types of cancers include lung cancer, prostate cancer, breast cancer, skin cancer, kidney cancer and blood cancer. Millions of people incur this deadly disease each year. While some fight it back bravely others succumb to it after some time.
Stages of Cancer
There are four stages of cancer. If detected at an early stage, it can be cured with the help of surgery and medication however when detected at a later stage it usually proves fatal for the patient. Here is a detailed look at the four stages of cancer:
- Stage 1
In stage one, the cancer is small and is still contained within the organ it sprung up in.
- Stage 2
The size of the tumour is larger in stage 2 however it hasn’t yet begun to spread in the surrounding tissues. At times stage 2 of cancer means that the cancer cells have gone further and spread in the lymph nodes near the tumour.
- Stage 3
The tumour is much larger in this stage and it may have begun spreading in the surrounding tissues. Cancer cells also spread in the lymph nodes in the area in this stage.
- Stage 4
In this stage, the cancer has spread to other organ/ organs. It is also referred to as secondary or metastatic cancer.
Sometimes these stages are further divided by the use of letters A, B and C.
Why is Staging Essential?
It is essential to diagnose the cancer stage as it helps in understanding the treatment required for the patient. For instance, if a patient is still in the first stage of cancer then a surgery or radiotherapy may help cure the same. It is a local treatment that only treats one part of the body.
If the cancer cells have broken from the original place and entered the lymph nodes which means the patient has entered the third stage of cancer then adjuvant treatment is suggested. This usually involves chemotherapy post surgery. This is done to kill the cancer cells broken away from the primary tumour.
In case the cancer has spread to other parts of the body then local and adjuvant treatments are not enough. It requires a treatment that covers the entire body. Such a treatment is known as systemic treatment. It involves chemotherapy hormone therapy and biological therapies that circulate in the bloodstream.
Staging is thus used as a means to describe the size of the cancer and the severity of the problem. A number of tests are carried out by the doctors when a patient is diagnosed of cancer. These are done to understand the size of the cancer and whether it has spread to the other organs. This helps in identifying the stage of cancer a patient is suffering from.
Many types of cancers are curable if detected at stage 1 or 2. However, it becomes difficult to deal with the problem as the stage goes up. The symptoms of this disease must not be ignored and the patient must undergo treatment while there is still time.
CANCER ESSAY – 5 (600 WORDS)
Cancer, considered to be a deadly disease, is caused due to various factors including unhealthy lifestyle, exposure to pollution, stress, exposure to radiations, infections, consumption of tobacco and unhealthy dietary choices. There are numerous types of cancers that impact the human body and the cause of their development varies based on their type.
Types of Cancers
While there are more than 100 types of cancers that can affect the human body here is a look at the some of the most common types and learn a few important points about the same:
- Lung Cancer: This type of cancer occurs in the cells inside the lining of the lungs. There are mainly two types of lung cancers. These are small cell and non-small cell lung cancer. Some of the common symptoms of lung cancer include coughing up blood, breathlessness, chest pain and weight loss.
- Breast Cancer: This type of cancer is most common in women. However, men may also develop breast cancer. Early signs of this type of cancer include a lump in the breast, dimpling of skin, liquid discharge from the nipples and change in the breast shape.
- Skin Cancer: Skin cancer is one of the most common types of cancers. It affects more than a million people every year. It can form in the skin cells in any body part. It is mainly caused due to overexposure to sun. Skin cancer is further divided into different categories such as basal cell skin cancer that occurs in the round cells inside the skin’s outer layer and squamous cell skin cancer that occurs in flat cells on the top of the skin.
- Melanoma: This is another kind of skin cancer that forms in the skin’s melanocyte cells. It leads to the production of brown pigment melanin and is said to be the most dangerous types of skin cancer. It may even be found in pigmented parts such as intestines and in the eyes.
- Prostate Cancer: This mostly occurs in men over the age of 50 years. It develops in the tissues inside the prostate gland. This gland forms a part of the male reproductive system. While most prostate cancers grow slowly some might grow at a relatively rapid speed. Cancer cells may spread from prostate to other parts of the body.
- Kidney Cancer: Also known as renal cancer, it forms in the ducts of the kidney. Two common types of kidney cancer are Renal Cell Carcinoma (RCC) and Transitional Cell Carcinoma (TCC). Kidney cancer usually develops in people over the age of 40 years however there is one type of kidney cancer that mostly affects young children.
- Colorectal Cancer: Colon and Rectal cancers have also seen a rise. Colon is part of the large intestine and helps in digestion while rectum is found at the end of the large intestine.
- Bladder Cancer: The cancer cells that develop within the bladder tissue result in bladder cancer. Lower back pain, pain in urination and blood in urine are some of the symptoms of bladder cancer.
- Leukemia: There are basically four major types of leukemia. These are acute myeloid leukemia, acute lymphocytic leukemia, chronic myeloid leukemia and chronic lymphocytic leukemia. This type usually forms inside the bone marrow or tissues that are a part of the blood cells and is referred to as blood cancer.
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma: This includes different types of cancers involving white blood cells. It usually causes lymph nodes, weight loss and fever. It can occur in different parts of the body.
It is suggested to follow a healthy lifestyle by indulging in regular exercise and following a nutritious diet plan to prevent this problem. A person with good immune system is less likely to develop this disease compared to someone with a poor lifestyle and weak immunity.