Essay on Social Media for class 6,7,8,9,10,11,12 in english. Social Media Essay in 200 words, 300 words, 400 words, 500 words, 600 words. Short Essay, Long Essay on Social Media.
Questios asked in examination on Essay On Social Media
- Write an Essay On Social Media ?
- Write short Essay On Social Media in 200 words ?
- Write long Essay On Social Media in 400 words ?
- Write an Essay On Social Media in 300 words ?
- Write an Essay On Social Media in 500 words ?
- Write an Essay On Social Media in 600 words ?
Social Media Essay
Social media basically means any human communication or sharing information on internet that occurs through the medium of computer, tablet or mobile. There are numerous websites and apps that make it possible. Social media is now becoming one of the largest means of communication and is gaining popularity rapidly. Social media enables you to share ideas, content, information and news etc. at a much faster speed. In last few years social media has grown tremendously at an unexpectedly fast rate and has captured millions of users around the world. Here are essays on social media of varying word lengths to help you with the same in your exam. You can select any social media essay as per your need:
LONG AND SHORT ESSAY ON SOCIAL MEDIA IN ENGLISH
ESSAY ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND ITS IMPACT – ESSAY 1 (200 WORDS)
We live in a time and age where information is just a button press away. We are swayed by information all around us. We millennials want to know, read, understand and then speak our minds about it. That is where social media comes into play. Social media is one of the biggest elements that we live with and cannot ignore it.
Social media is collection of websites, applications and other platforms that enable us to share or create content and also helps us to participate in social networking. Social media is not limited to blogging and sharing pictures, there are lot of strong tools also that social media provides. That is because that the impact of social media is very high and far reaching. It can make or break images.
But social media is a topic of controversy today, many feel it’s a boon but there is a majority who feels that it is a curse. Mostly people feel that social media has destroyed human interaction with a rapid rate and has modified modern human relationships. But there are others who feel that it is a blessing that has connected us to every part of the world, we can meet our loved ones that are far, we can spread awareness through it, we can send security warnings etc. There is a lot that social media can do. But it is an unarguable fact the presence of social media has made our lives convenient, easier and much faster.
ESSAY ON POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE EFFECTS OF SOCIAL MEDIA – ESSAY 2 (300 WORDS)
Social media plays a big role in our lives today. We have the access to any kind of information at just a button push away. Anything that is so vastly expanded has both positives and negatives related to it. The power of social media is very high and has its effects on each individual. It is difficult to imagine our lives with social media today and we do pay a price for excessive use. There is a lot of debate about the effects of social media on the society as a whole. Some feel that it’s a boon whereas other feels that it is a curse.
Positive Effects of Social Media
Social media allows the social growth of the society and also helps many businesses. It provides tools like social media marketing that can reach a millions of potential clients. We can easily access information and get news through social media. Social media is a great tool for creating awareness about any social cause. Employers can reach out to potential job seekers. It can help many an individuals to have social growth and interaction with the world without having any hitch. Many people use social media to make themselves heard to the higher authorities. It can also help you meet like-minded people.
Negative Effects of social Media
Many physiatrists believe that social media is a single most factor causing depression and anxiety in people. It is also a cause of poor mental growth in children. Increased use of social media can lead to poor sleeping patterns. There are many other negative effects like cyber bullying, body image issues etc. as well. There is an increased ‘Fear of Missing out’ (FOMO) at an all-time high in youth because of social media.
Conclusion: One must carefully weigh the positives and the negatives before engaging excessively in social media. If used in the correct way social media can be a boon for mankind.
ESSAY ON SOCIAL MEDIA IMPACT ON YOUTH – ESSAY 3 (400 WORDS)
We cannot ignore the fact that social media is one of the biggest element that is present in our lives today. We can get any information, talk to anyone in any corner of the world at a much fast speed. The youth is the future of our nation; they can make or break the economy. Social media is one the most engaging elements that is present in their lives today. Social media has far reaching impact on the youth, as they are the ones who are most active on social networking sites. Social media has far reaching impact on the youth, as they are the ones who are most active on social networking sites.
Social Network Impact on Youth
It’s a fad these days to be on social networking sites. If you do not have a digital presence than for some people you do not exist. The ever rising pressure of being on social networking sites and have an impressive profile is effecting the youth in big way. According to statistics average number of hours a teenager spends online is 72 hours per week. This is very high considering that they have to give time to study, physical activities and other beneficial activities like reading etc. It leaves very less time for other things and hence there are serious issues that arise out of this like lack of attention span, minimum focus, anxiety and complex issues. We now have more virtual friends than real ones and we are losing human to human connection day by day. There are other dangers as well like leaking of personal information to complete strangers, sex offenders etc. There are some positive effects.
Positive Impacts of Social Media-
- It is a good tool for education.
- It can create awareness for many social issues.
- There is a fast transfer of information online and hence the users can stay well informed.
- It can also be used as a news medium.
- There are few social benefits as well like communication with long distance friends and relatives.
- It can provide great employment opportunities online.
We agree that there are positive impacts of social network but like everything else it also has cons.
There are many negative impacts also:
Negative Impacts of Social Media-
- Enables cheating in exams
- Dropping of grades and performance of students
- Lack of privacy
- Users are vulnerable to cyber-crimes like hacking, identity theft, phishing crimes etc.
Conclusion: There are no doubt both positive and negative aspects but users should use their own discretion on the usage of social networking. As a student you must balance everything like studies, sports and social media properly to live a fuller life.
ESSAY ON THE IMPORTANCE OF SOCIAL MEDIA IN EDUCATION – ESSAY 4 (500 WORDS)
This is the age of smart phones and micro blogging. Everything that we need to know is just a click away. Social media is the most widely used tool by all age groups today, but is more popular among the youth and students. Keeping this in mind researchers feel that social media can play a very important part in the field of education. It can be used to reach out to many students and can be highly effective as well. There is a large majority of academic thinkers that feel social media is a deteriorating agent for students but if used wisely it can be highly effective. Instead of getting in the argument of social media being good or bad, we must find ways to use it for our benefit. The question still remains that how can social media be used for our advantage in education, let’s try and answer this.
Importance of Social Media in Education
Today platforms like Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn etc. are most widely used by( both) teachers, professors and students and they have become quite popular among them. For a student social media plays a very important role as it makes it easier for them to access and share information, get answers and connect with teachers. It is through the platforms of social media that students and teachers can connect with each other and share content thereby making a good use of these platforms.
Social Media Importance are following-
- Live Lectures: Many professors these days are conducting live video chats on skype, twitter and other places for their lectures. This makes it easy for students as well as teacher to learn and share while just sitting in their homes. How easy and convenient education can be through the help of social media.
- Increased support: Since we have the use of social media at our disposal at any hour of the day, teachers can provide off hours support and solve queries of students even after class timings. This practice also helps the teacher to understand development of their students more closely.
- Easy work: Many educators feel that the use of social media makes the work easier for both them and students. It also helps the teacher to expand and explore their own possibilities//skills// and knowledge.
- More disciplined: The classes conducted on social media platforms are more disciplined and structured as we know that everyone is watching.
- Teaching aids: Social media can help the students to nourish their knowledge with a lot of teaching aids available online. Students can watch videos, see images, check out reviews and instantly clear their doubt while watching the live processes happening. Not only students, even teacher can make their lectures more interesting by using these tools and teaching aids.
- Teaching Blogs and write ups: Students can enhance their knowledge by reading blogs, articles and write ups by renowned teachers, professors and thinkers. This way good content can reach wide audience.
Conclusion: It cannot be denied that if used wisely social media can make education much better and create smart students.
ESSAY ON SOCIAL MEDIA: IMPORTANCE, ADVANTAGES, DISADVANTAGES – ESSAY 5 (600 WORDS)
Social media remains the most talked about things these days. Many debates are going on regarding the fact that social media is good or bad. There are many views available to us and it is up to us to read and understand properly and reach a conclusion.
Importance of Social Media
Social media platforms help its users to connect, share and give information and content to millions of others. The importance of social media cannot be ignored since it plays a very crucial role in our lives today.
- Building a brand: Quality content, products and services are easily accessible online today. You can market your product online and build a brand.
- Customer support: Before buying and product or service customers can read the reviews and feedback and hence make a smart choice.
- Social media is a great education tool.
- Through the use of social media platforms you can connect with your target audience.
- It is also a great way to access quality information.
- Social media can help you to get the news and happenings in just a click.
- Social media also helps you connect with friends, relatives and helps you make new friends as well.
Advantages of Social Media: Social media comes with a lot of advantages in fact we can owe a substantial part of our society’s growth to social media. We have witnessed a blast of information and content in last few years and cannot deny the power of social media in our lives. Social media is widely used to create awareness for causes that are important for the society. Social media can also help many noble causes run by NGOs and other social welfare societies. Social media can also aid government in other agencies in spreading awareness and also fight crime. For many businesses social media is strong tool for business promotion and marketing. Many communities are built through social media platforms which are essential for our society’s growth.
Disadvantages of Social Media: Social media is considered as one of the most harmful elements that we have in our lives these days. Wrong use can lead to bad conclusion. There are many disadvantages of social media like:
- Cyberbullying: many children have become the victims of cyberbullying that has caused them a lot of harm.
- Hacking: The loss of personal data that can lead to security issues. There are crimes like identity theft and bank details theft that can harm any individual.
- Addiction: Prolonged use of social media can lead to addiction in youth. Addiction causes to lose focus of other important things like studying etc. People get so absorbed that they get cut off from the society and harm their personal lives.
- Scams: Many predators are looking for vulnerable users that they can scam and make profit off.
- Relationship frauds: Honeytraps and MMS porn are the most caused frauds online. People are lured in to relationships and love schemes and then they are cheated on.
- Health issues: The excess use of social media can affect your physical and mental health in a big way. People often complaint of becoming lazy, fat, itchy eyes, loss of vision and stress issues after excessive use.
- Loss of social and family life: Everyone busy on phone is one of the most common sites in a family gathering nowadays.
Conclusion: We have millions of users around the world that use social media on day to day basis. There is a mixed bag of reactions regarding it. It does have a lot of importance and advantages but also brings with it some hazards also.